Ransomware Protection & Analysis
Ransomware protection is a must for every organization as ransomware infections are on the rise worldwide including the North American countries like Canada. Ransomware infections result in business disruptions and have adverse effects on company reputation. Ransomware encrypt your files and demands payment to get your data back.
We help organizations affected by Ransomware in identifying the root cause behind the attack. We also provide mitigation so that companies can prevent such attacks from happening in the future. The first step with any ransomware infection is to identify the type of ransomware family. Infected users can visit No More Ransom or ID Ransomware site to know about the type of ransomware infection and decrypt the files for which decryption tools are available.
Reasons for Ransomware attacks
Ransomware attacks can happen due to many reasons such as :
- Users opening links or attachments in an email without knowing that it can download malware loaded with Ransomware.
- Users visiting compromised websites that will download Ranswomare stains to the computer without user knowledge.
- RDP attacks that target open RDP ports to get access to the network. You can read about ways to prevent such attacks here.
- Brute-force attacks that results in attackers gaining admin credentials of network, applications, and software programs. Organizations should have a mechanism to detect such brute-force attacks so that necessary actions can be taken to prevent the same.
- Stolen credentials resulting in hackers gaining control of the network.
- Usage of pirated software that can act as a hassle-free entry point for ransomware.
- Usage of file-sharing applications or P2P applications that brings in malware.
The most efficient ransomware protection is provided by Managed EDR with Ransomware roll-back. It is a managed service offering that comes with 24X7 real-time security monitoring and incident response that can help you to stay protected proactively. It provides a complete anti-malware solution with internet security software that can handle different types of malware including ransomware.
Having an offline backup & DR solution is a must for any organization so that data can be recovered without paying the ransom in case of a Ransomware infection. Vembu BDR provides offsite and Cloud DR thereby companies can get back their data in case of an attack. BackupAssist & ParaBlu provides cost-effective endpoint and Windows Server backup that is quite effective for Ransomware protection.
Email is the main entry point for Ransomware and Email Security solution Vircom provides is the first line of defense when it comes to Ransomware protection. NeuShield is an anti-ransomware tool that provides Complete Data Protection against all types of Ransomware threats and it is a proactive way of staying secure against Ransomware attacks.